Andy Starnes is a Partner in Moore Colson’s Tax Services Practice. Andy specializes in coordination of tax services for clients, planning and organizing engagements, managing the progress of work, maintaining and expanding good client relations, suggesting and implementing tax planning ideas, performing research, and supervising staff.
Andy’s professional background in public accounting, along with his strong interpersonal and team-oriented skills, complement Moore Colson’s already diversified tax team. With expertise in federal and state tax planning, Andy’s successful business background includes serving clients in the construction, manufacturing, professional service, retail, transportation and staffing industries. Andy leads the tax area for Moore Colson’s construction team, coordinating all federal tax filings, general business consulting related to project management, and navigating state and local regulations.
Prior to joining Moore Colson in 2000, Andy spent the first years of his career at KPMG, working principally with Fortune 500 companies as a state and local Tax Specialist.
- University of Georgia (MAcc, Tax Specialization, 1999)
- University of Georgia (B.B.A., Accounting, 1998)
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Atlanta Electrical Contractors Association
- Georgia Branch, Associated General Contractors
- Eastminster Presbyterian Church Elder
- UGA Alumni Association
- Feed My Lambs Board Member
Watch our story
Click to play