Chris Tierney, CTP, CFE is a Partner in Moore Colson’s Consulting Practice. Chris has over 26 years’ experience in providing financial, operational, and strategic analysis and advice for domestic and international companies and their stakeholders.
Chris is regularly appointed by State and Federal courts as a Trustee, Receiver, and Examiner and also serves as an adviser to debtors and creditors in complex workouts, reorganizations, receiverships and liquidations. In addition, Chris has extensive experience providing litigation support, fraud, and forensic services, as well as, providing expert and consulting witness testimony on a broad range of topics. Chris also has Big 4 experience where he managed the restructuring services practice in the Southeast, providing financial advisory services to domestic and international clients and government agencies. With over 14 years in the banking and securities industry he has managed middle market and large corporate workouts, frauds, and bankruptcies for Wachovia Securities, the Bank of Tokyo and Fleet Financial Group. Chris has experience in a wide range of industries and situations that face small and middle market private and public companies. Chris is also a Registered Neutral with the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution providing mediation services on civil matters for companies and individuals.
Prior to joining Moore Colson, Chris worked as a Managing Director with Hays Financial Consulting, and prior to that with Deloitte & Touche USA, in their Financial Advisory Services Practice. Chris has been a featured speaker, author and quoted expert for many organizations, including: Association for Corporate Growth, American Bankruptcy Institute, Georgia Bar Association, National Association of Credit Managers, Turnaround Management Association, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Atlanta Business Chronicle, and Fox News.
- Columbia University Graduate School of Business, New York, NY (MBA, 2000)
- Colby College, Waterville, ME (B.A., 1989)
- Kennesaw State University Center For Conflict Management, Kennesaw, GA (Civil Mediator, 2015)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE – Certified Fraud Examiner, 2006)
- Association of Certified Turnaround Professionals (CTP – Certified Turnaround Professional, 2011)
- Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution (Registered Neutral, 2015)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Association of Certified Turnaround Professionals
- Turnaround Management Association
- Commercial Finance Association
- Georgia Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Former Board Member and Chair – PAWS Atlanta