Private EquityMoore Colson’s team of financial, tax and accounting professionals are experts in the specialized due diligence, deal structuring, financial reporting, and tax requirements that equity investors face.
Moore Colson knows the equity investment business. Our dedicated team of financial, tax and accounting professionals are experts in the specialized due diligence, deal structuring, financial reporting, and tax requirements that equity investors face. Moore Colson provides the intellectual strength, unique industry experience, professional leadership, and entrepreneurial spirit to formulate and execute the innovative solutions necessary to meet the special challenges of today’s equity investors and their portfolio companies.
Private equity fund–related services
Consulting & Transaction Services
We assist our private equity clients with specialized transaction services including:
- Quality of earnings, revenue and net assets
- Historical trends analysis and identification of value drivers and transitional risks
- Accounting policies, systems and controls evaluation
- Forecasts analysis and bridge to historical performance
- Tax due diligence and optimal structuring
- Identification of critical transitional risk and service requirements
We guide our clients through the taxation issues of special importance to private equity firms, including:
- Income waterfall compliance verification
- Federal and state income tax compliance and projections
- Foreign partner compliance reporting
Assurance and Risk Management Services
We help minimize your risk and provide assurance by assisting funds with:
- Financial statement verification (GAAP and Tax audits, reviews, compilations)
- Accounting/technical advisory services regarding investment valuation etc.
- IT risk & security assessments
Portfolio company–related services
Business Assurance & Tax Compliance Services
We are experts in the specialized financial reporting and tax services for middle market companies:
- Financial statement audits
- Employee benefit plan audits
- Technical accounting consulting
- Federal and state income tax compliance
- Tax projections and planning
- Federal & state tax credits (research & retraining credits, etc.)
- Timely preparation and issuance of financial reports, K-1s, tax returns
- FIN 48 compliance (accounting for uncertainty in income taxes)
Talk to an expert
Click on the icon to view a full bio.