Andy Starnes, CPA
Andy Starnes, CPA, is a Partner and Tax Services Practice Leader Moore Colson. Andy’s specialties include corporate tax compliance and planning, business consulting, and multi-generational planning with a focus on the construction, professional services and staffing industries.
Andy’s professional background in public accounting, along with his strong interpersonal and team-oriented skills, complement Moore Colson’s already diversified tax team. With expertise in federal and state tax planning, Andy’s successful business background includes serving clients in the construction, manufacturing, professional service, retail, and staffing industries. Andy leads the tax area for Moore Colson’s construction team, coordinating all federal tax filings, general business consulting related to project management, and navigating state and local regulations.
Prior to joining Moore Colson in 2000, Andy spent the first years of his career at KPMG, working principally with Fortune 500 companies as a state and local Tax Specialist.
- University of Georgia (MAcc, Tax Specialization, 1999)
- University of Georgia (B.B.A., Accounting, 1998)
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (GSCPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Atlanta Electrical Contractors Association
- Georgia Branch, Associated General Contractors (AGC)
- Eastminster Presbyterian Church Elder
- UGA Alumni Association
- Feed My Lambs Board Member