Bert Mills is the Managing Partner at Moore Colson. In his role as Managing Partner, Bert sets and implements the vision and mission of the Firm, and continues to work with our clients providing practical, tax efficient structures and strategies to closely held businesses, business owners and entrepreneurs, corporate executives, and private equity funds and investors.
Bert’s expertise in navigating tax laws and regulations has helped clients develop successful short and long term tax strategies for their businesses. His wide range of experience includes tax planning for C and S corporations, partnerships, LLCs, and individuals; representation before the IRS; estate and financial planning; succession planning for closely held businesses and their owners; corporate structuring and restructuring; and stock option planning. Bert also has extensive experience in buy-side and sell-side transaction advisory for closely-held businesses, private equity groups (PEGs) and PEG owned businesses. His industry expertise and experience includes construction, real estate, healthcare, professional services, manufacturing and distribution, retail and technology.
Prior to joining Moore Colson in 1991, Bert was a Tax Manager at Coopers & Lybrand. Bert was named Partner-in-Charge of the Moore Colson Tax Practice in 1993 and since then has built a team of creative tax professionals dedicated to service and client advocacy. In addition, Bert has created and coordinated various seminars in the taxation area, including tax law updates, income tax accounting, tax structuring and compensation planning.
- University of Florida (B.A., Accounting, 1984)
- Georgia State University (Masters of Taxation, 1986)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- PrimeGlobal – National Tax Partner Group
- PrimeGlobal North American Board Member
- PrimeGlobal World Board Member
- Surety Association of Georgia
- Associated Builders and Contractors of Georgia (ABC)
- Atlanta Medical Group Management Assoc. (AMGMA)
- Northside Youth Organization
- University of Florida Alumni Association
- Cristo Rey Student Work Study Sponsor
Watch our story
Click to play