Chris Tierney, CFE
Chris Tierney, CTP, CFE, is a Partner in Moore Colson’s Consulting Practice. Chris has over 30 years’ experience in providing financial, operational and strategic management, analysis, and advice to domestic and international companies and their stakeholders. Chris is sought out for his expertise in recognizing issues which are impacting a company’s future, his ability to craft workable solutions, and then implement these solutions in a timely manner.
Chris has been appointed by State and Federal courts as a Trustee, Receiver, and Examiner. As a trusted fiduciary or interim manager, Chris has managed dozens of businesses in a wide variety of industries and situations. He also serves as an advisor to companies or their creditors facing complex legal disputes, operational/financial issues, workouts, turnarounds/ reorganizations, and liquidations. In addition, Chris has extensive experience providing litigation support services, implementing fraud and forensic investigations, as well as, providing expert and consulting witness testimony on a broad range of topics. Chris is also a Registered Neutral with the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution providing mediation and arbitration services on business matters for companies and individuals.
Prior to joining Moore Colson, Chris worked as a Managing Director with Hays Financial Consulting, and prior to that with Deloitte & Touche USA, in their Financial Advisory Services Practice. Chris also has 14 years in the banking industry where he managed middle market relationships for both public and private companies. Chris has been a featured speaker, author and quoted expert for many organizations, including: Association for Corporate Growth, American Bankruptcy Institute, Georgia Bar Association, National Association of Credit Managers, Turnaround Management Association, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Atlanta Business Chronicle, Fox News, and Forbes.com.
- Columbia University Graduate School of Business, New York, NY (MBA, 2000)
- Colby College, Waterville, ME (B.A., 1989)
- Kennesaw State University Center For Conflict Management, Kennesaw, GA (Civil Mediator, 2015)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE – Certified Fraud Examiner, 2006)
- Association of Certified Turnaround Professionals (CTP – Certified Turnaround Professional, 2011)
- Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution (Registered Neutral, 2015)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Association of Certified Turnaround Professionals
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Turnaround Management Association
- Commercial Finance Association
- Georgia Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Forbes Finance Council Contributor
- Former Board Member and Chair – PAWS Atlanta