David Massey, CPA
David Massey, CPA, CCIFP, is a Partner in Moore Colson’s Business Assurance Practice. David specializes in the coordination of audit services for clients primarily in the construction, healthcare and technology industries, by planning and organizing engagements, managing the progress of work, maintaining and expanding good client relations, suggesting and implementing planning ideas, performing research, and supervising staff.
David has been involved in the Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA) for many years, and is currently serving on CFMA Georgia Chapter’s Board of Directors. David is involved with the Institute of Certified Construction Industry Financial Professionals (CCIFP), where he is a former trustee and serves on the Institute’s Internal Audit Committee and Accreditation Committee. In addition, David is active in and coordinates the firm’s activities with Associated Builders and Contractors of Georgia and Surety Association of Georgia.
Prior to joining Moore Colson in 2016, David was a member of the assurance and advisory services practice of Frazier & Deeter. As an Audit Senior Manager, he performed assurance functions including, audits, reviews and compilations. He also provides detailed cost analysis and other consultative services for contractors, developers, and end users on construction projects. Prior to joining Frazier & Deeter, David worked as an Operations Accounting Manager for Hardin Construction Company. During his 8 years there, David gained valuable experience working with the construction and real estate industries, including accounting for large construction projects and joint ventures, project forecasting, subcontracting, managing bonding and insurance requirements, and claims and litigation support.
- Georgia State University (Master of Business Administrations, 2003)
- Presbyterian College (Bachelor of Science in Accounting, 1998)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (GSCPA)
- Construction Financial Management Association of Georgia – Board of Directors
- Institute of Certified Construction Industry Financial Professionals – Former Trustee
- Associated Builders and Contractors of Georgia
- Surety Association of Georgia
- Peachtree Presbyterian Church
- Terrell Mill Softball Association – Youth Softball Coach