Shawn W. Hardister, CPA
Shawn W. Hardister, CPA, CFP®, regularly assists closely-held companies and their owners realize financial success. He is a tax and financial planning partner who specializes in professional services firms, particularly law firms and physician practices.
Shawn has almost 30 years of experience as a CPA, and 16 years as a CFP®. Shawn’s industry experience also includes eight years of physician practice management in the role of CFO for subsidiaries of two public healthcare companies (Coastal Healthcare Group and Tenet Healthcare).
Prior to joining Moore Colson in 2013, Shawn was an Owner and Partner of Brooks, McGinnis & Company, LLC CPAs in Atlanta, Georgia where he managed numerous tax and audit client relationships, expanded the firm’s client base in the nonprofit audit and closely-held company tax niches, and advised clients on accounting, profitability improvement, operating agreements, compensation models, financial and succession planning, and tax planning and compliance matters. Shawn also taught continuing education classes for the Georgia Society of CPAs and the Georgia Center for Nonprofits. He began his career with the Raleigh, North Carolina office of Price Waterhouse.
Services Shawn provides his clients include:
- Advice on business and tax aspects of operating and shareholder agreements
- Assistance developing compensation models
- Consulting on tax and financial aspects of admission of new and buy-outs of exiting owners
- Succession planning
- Tax planning, coordinating strategies of the practice with those of the owners
- Tax return preparation
- Financial planning for physicians, attorneys and other high-income and high net worth individuals
- Assistance with controversies involving the IRS and state income tax authorities
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (B.S., Business Administration, Accounting, 1987, with Honors)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (GSCPA)
- North Fulton Medical Group Managers Association (NFMGMA)
- Atlanta Association of Legal Administrators (AALA)
- Atlanta Track Club (7 years): Chair of Board (present), Director, Executive Committee and past-Treasurer
- NDSC Foundation (3 years): Trustee, Treasurer (present)
- National Down Syndrome Congress (2008-2017): Director, Executive Committee, and Treasurer
- North Fulton MGMA: Director (2016)