Steven Murphy, CPA
Steven Murphy, CPA, is a Partner in Moore Colson’s Tax Services Practice. He currently is the Practice Leader for the Transportation Industry and also serves as the Tax Practice Leader for the Retail Industry. Steven works with the coordination of tax services for clients, planning and organizing engagements, managing the progress of work, maintaining and expanding good client relations, suggesting and implementing tax planning ideas, performing research, and supervising staff.
Steven’s professional background in public accounting, along with his strong interpersonal and team-oriented skills, complement Moore Colson’s already diversified tax team. With expertise in federal and state tax planning, Steven’s successful business background includes serving clients in the transportation, retail, manufacturing, and technology industries.
Steven started his professional career at Arthur Andersen LLP, where he worked in the Mergers and Acquisitions group. He then worked at Deloitte & Touche LLC, where he was a senior in their federal tax practice. Finally, he then worked as a Tax Manager assisting closely-held businesses at a local firm before joining Moore Colson in 2007.
- University of Georgia (MAcc, Tax Specialization, 1999)
- University of Georgia (B.B.A., Accounting, 1998)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (GSCPA)
- Georgia Motor Trucking Association (GMTA)
- Transportation Club of Atlanta
- Marietta First United Methodist Church (Treasurer)
- Cobb County Chamber of Commerce (Chairman’s Club)
- Life member of the UGA Alumni Association
- The Center for Family Resources Board Member (Past Chair)