Tim Ayres, CPA
Tim Ayres is a Partner in Moore Colson’s Management Services Practice. Tim works closely with business owners, CEOs, CFOs, private equity funds and investors, and appreciates what it is like to walk in the shoes of the owner. He is able to translate his in-depth understanding of the issues facing management into practical recommendations to improve financial and operational performance.
A CPA with more than 30 years of accounting and management consulting experience, Tim is able to connect with all disciplines within a company to affect change. He has extensive experience in financial projections, performance measurement and analysis, business plan development and assessment, financing and alternative requirements, financial/management accounting systems and controls, manufacturing cost systems, cost analysis, and profitability enhancement.
Tim works closely with business owners, CEOs, CFOs, Strategic Investors, Private Equity & Mezzanine Funds, and the Banking/Finance Community providing an extensive array of transaction-related due diligence, transition management and consulting services. Tim has led and managed over 250 transaction related engagements in a wide variety of industries including manufacturing, distribution, business services, retail, transportation, construction and staffing.
Prior to joining Moore Colson in 1985, Tim began his career in the business assurance group of KPMG working principally with closely held businesses, then worked in the middle market lending group of Citizens & Southern National Bank (currently known as Bank of America) during graduate school.
- University of Alabama (B.S., Accounting)
- Vanderbilt University Owen Graduate School of Management (M.B.A., Finance)
- Southern Capital Forum
- Commercial Finance Association
- Turnaround Management Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Eagle Ranch & Eagle Ranch Foundation (Board of Directors, Past Chairman)
- Buckhead Church (Active Member, Engaged Couples Mentor)
- Trinity Community Ministries (Honorary Board, Active Volunteer)
- Wilderness Works (Advisory Board)
- Boy Scout Volunteer