ConstructionOver the years, Moore Colson has built a dedicated team of experts who understand the construction industry and are solution providers for contractors.
Since Moore Colson was founded in 1981, we have always been committed to placing our clients first. Specifically, we have a dedicated team of experts who understand the construction industry and are solution providers for contractors. That’s why we are actively involved in associations like the ABC, AGC, AECA, CFMA, the Surety Association of Georgia, and a member of PrimeGlobal Construction Industry Task Force.
The Moore Colson construction team looks at the big picture to help you analyze all of the options. We then provide practical, cost effective, proactive solutions to make your contracting business more manageable and profitable. Our experts navigate through the GAAP and tax issues relating to contracting businesses, and also help secure the foundation of your business by addressing issues such as cash flow management, job fade, bonding requirements, and job-cost overruns. No matter if your business is small or large, established or just forming, we have an experienced construction team to help you build a financially sound business.
We guide our construction clients through tax saving strategies by offering the following services:
- Federal and state tax compliance
- Choice of entity, multi-entity planning strategies and corporate structuring
- Percentage-of-completion calculation planning (including lookback calculations)
- Owner/Individual tax planning and projections
- Succession planning (management buy-out, ESOP, etc.)
- Tax method of accounting strategies, including equipment depreciation strategies
- Estate and trust planning
- Federal and state tax credit planning
Business Assurance and Accounting Services
We assist our construction clients with accounting and financial reporting through the following services:
- Audit, review and compilation engagements
- Monthly or quarterly internal accounting assistance
- Cash flow and job cost analysis (fade analysis)
- Assistance with surety and bank communication
- Consulting regarding financing, equity structures and transactions