Rusty Lane, CFE, CGMA, CPA is a Director in Moore Colson’s Consulting Practice. Rusty has over 22 years’ experience in accounting, business operations, tax compliance and litigation support in the public accounting and private sectors. He also has Big 4 experience providing financial advisory services, forensic accounting, fraud investigations and activity based costing models to Fortune 500 clients and government agencies.Rusty conducts financial statement fraud investigations and provides expert witness reports and testimony in litigation cases involving disputes between shareholders, financial institutions and stockholders.
He also serves as an accountant and operations manager for various businesses under receivership, manages daily operations, including vendor relations, inventory control, forecast and cash flow. Rusty also develops forecast, budgets, cash flows and business plans for clients, creditors and other stakeholders, while designing internal controls procedures for operations and accounting units to safeguard assets and assist in the management of the company.
Prior to joining Moore Colson, Rusty worked as a Director with Hays Financial Consulting, and also Deloitte & Touche USA, in their Financial Advisory Services Practice.
- University of Alabama at Birmingham (MBA)
- Birmingham Southern College (B.S., Accounting)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE, Certified Fraud Examiner)
- American Certified Public Accountants (CPA, Certified Public Accountant)
- American Certified Public Accountants (CGMA, Chartered Global Managerial Accountant)
- American Institute for Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Chapter of the ACFE
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Fraud and Forensic Services Advisory Council – Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Finance Committee Member – Grand York Rite of Georgia